Originally it was built in 1852 as a school, as an inscription on the front testifies. The building formed part of the endowment property of a charity and was originally the Wybunbury Girls' School. Boys attended the Wybunbury Delves Charity School. A century later, the Delves School became a primary school for boys and girls in 1964, being redundant the Girls' School closed. The building then became the Parish Rooms, run by the Trustees. The Parish Council eventually purchased the building, with the help of a grant from the Borough Council. The recent renovations to the hall have been funded by WREN.